To be eligible for a WHP Canada, you must :
- Be between 18 and 35 (depending on your home country).
- Be a citizen of a country that has signed a WHP agreement with Canada: see list.
- Have a passport valid for the duration of your stay.
- Have sufficient savings to support yourself at the start of your stay.
- Have a clean criminal record.
- Have health insurance for the duration of your stay.
You must first submit an online application for the WHP on the Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) website. If your application is accepted, you will receive an invitation to apply for a work permit. The application process varies depending on your country of origin, and can take several weeks.
The PVT permit is generally valid for up to two years, depending on the country of origin. PVT permit holders can work for any Canadian employer and travel freely throughout Canada during their stay.
It’s important to note that PVT permit applications are subject to an annual quota, that the number of places available is limited, and that applications are processed by lottery. It is therefore important to submit your application as soon as possible, so that you can be registered for invitation rounds and have a better chance of being accepted.
For more information on the working vacation permit, contact our team !
The benefits of the Working Holiday Permit :
Please note: It’s important to know that each type of work permit or visa has its own eligibility conditions and level of requirements.
It is therefore important to check with the relevant authorities before applying for a work permit or visa for an internship in Canada.